* Apollo Lunar Landings 1 & 2 - First landing on the Moon was in the Sea of Tranquility, 23.63 degrees East. Second landing was in the Ocean of Storms, 23.42 degrees West. Notice the names of the picked sights and how they contrast. Note: First two landings were Apollo 11 & 12 (11+12= 23). Just exactly what does NASA logo know?
* W is the 23 letter of this alphabet. The symbol for that letter is two points down and three points up.
* William Shakespeare was born and died on Apri 23. Most of Shakespeare is known to us through the first folio published in 1623.
* The human biorhythm cycle is generally 23 days. One measures a circle beginning anywhere.
* It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body.
* In the epic cartoon _Yellow Submarine_ the Blue Meenies are comprised of a wild pack of destructive anti-music villains. Among them is a character named the Butterfly Stomper (butterfly being a symbol of transformation). The Butterfly Stomper is one who destroys all things of beauty. On his shirt is the number 23...
* In the early '60's in Tangiers, William Burroughs knew a certain "Captain Clark" who ran a ferry from Tangiers to Spain. One day, Clark said to Burroughs that he'd been running the ferry 23 years without an accident. That very day the ferry sank, killing Clark and everyone aboard. In the evening, Burroughs was thinking about this when he turned on the radio. The first newscast headlined the crash of an airline plane on the New York-Miami route. The pilot was another Captain Clark and the flight was listed as Flight 23 (ala the line "Captain Clark welcomes you aboard.").
* The human body has 46 chromosomes, which are paired, in somatic cells. Generative cells have half this number, 23, which is the number of chromosomes each parents gives to human DNA.
* 23 Axioms in Euclid's Geometry.
* The Knights Templars had only 23 Grandmasters. Jacques de Molay was the 23rd and last of the Templar Grandmasters.
* After the Rodney King verdict, a Korean shopkeeper during the L.A riots can be clearly seen shooting at looters from the roof of a building in front of a large sign proclaiming the number 23 and nothing else.
* There are 23 letters in the Latin alphabet
* Max Headroom broadcast on Network 23.
* Nissan is a brand of Japanese cars. In Japanese, "ni" is 2, and "san" is 3. So Nissan would be 23.
* In the film version (titled _Alice_) of Lewis Carroll's classic _Alice in Wonderland_ by the Czech director/animator Jan Svankmejer, Alice's taxidermically stuffed rabbit flings open the door by dressing itself and running 'away'. The case that holds the white rabbit (i.e. Pookah (i.e. one who takes you OUT)) is labeled "No. 23"
* 23 is the first prime number in which both digits are prime numbers and add up to another prime number.
* In the Qabalistic Tree of Life the 23rd path is associated with the Hanged Man Tarot Card. Aleister Crowley also states that this card represents the concept that the only way OUT is WITHIN.
* 23 HOP is the club where the Toronto rave scene was created.
* Popeye is seen repeatedly pondering the number 23 in many of his 1970's TV Cartoons.